Experience in intercultural exchange
We received and collected several experience reports over the last years. Here you can find a list of the reports that are currently available.
More reports that we received on the occasion of QueerExchange's tenth birthday can be found on on our Instagram under the hashtag #10JahreQueerTausch.
If you want more detailed reports that you can't find there, you can contact us and we'll see what we can do for your specific question.
Diana & Babette
Daniel & Philip
Norbert & Thomas
Call for Entries
For our work, we are always looking for reports from queer people who have done a longer school exchange or volunteer service or were host families. We would also like to use these reports as training material with your permission.
The following questions can serve as suggestions:
- When and where were you abroad?
- Did you already know that you are lesbian, gay, queer, bi-, pan- or asexual and/or trans, intersex or non-binary when you applied?
- Was your sexual or gender identity an issue for you during your stay?
- What was the best experience that is directly or indirectly related to being queer?
- Were there similarities and differences in your experiences before, during and/or after the exchange?
- Which topics were you dealing with before your exchange?
- Are there things you wish you knew before the exchange?
Please mind the following when writing your report:
- Don't reporduce colonial and racist narratives.
- Avoid generalising and prejudiced statements.
- Use trigger warnings when reporting about sensitive topics like queerphobic violence, sexual assault or suicide.
Of course, the reports can be anonymised on request. If you have any questions, just Get in touch with us.